Tim: #BlackHistoryMonth We are the soul of the Nation

                                                                  
 February 6, 2017
 
 
About TimServicesMedia CenterLegislative WorkSouth CarolinaResources
Dear Friends,
Thank you for subscribing to my weekly e-newsletter, and please remember to follow me on  Facebook ,  Twitter ,  Instagram  and  YouTube 
Investing in Opportunity Act 
I am excited to introduce my new bill, the Investing in Opportunity Act because it encourages private investment and it gives families living in economically distressed areas the opportunity to move forward and succeed – without creating a new government program.
The Investing in Opportunity Act provides a bridge to a better future. I talk about the bill here   
 

Iran Sanctions
Recent actions by Iran have once again demonstrated their reluctance to curb their confrontational nuclear missile program. These dangerous, provocative actions by a country considered a state sponsor of terror should carry consequences. The decision to increase sanctions should come as no surprise. A line was drawn, and Iran deliberately defied the agreement.
I stand by the President on his decision to implement a quick and deliberate strategy. It should send a clear message that Iran’s reckless behavior will not be tolerated. 
Celebrating Black History Month
From Benjamin Banneker to Martin Luther King, Jr., and Muddy Waters to Stevie Wonder, black Americans have contributed immensely to the history, story, and very soul of our nation. That journey has often been faced with hardships, but has also produced some amazing results.
I am truly blessed to stand on the shoulders of the heroes that came before me – Edward Brooke, Hiram Revels, Medgar Evers, Lena Horne and so many others. Without their sacrifice, their essential contributions to the American story, folks like myself simply wouldn’t be here. I also want to send a special thank you to my own mother, a single parent who worked herself to the bone for years to provide a better future for my brother and me.
I look forward to celebrating Black History Month with people from across South Carolina and the nation. 
Sincerely,
Tim

Popular posts from this blog

John Kerry: Future generations are counting on us

Andrew: Big Pharma is getting rich by spreading a plague

Sara El-Amine Apply now to be one of our fall fellows