Happy Juneteenth (Black New Year) by President Robert L. Gilyard

 First Of, I would like to thank all the people of different races that help us celebrate our freedom because my own people will not celebrate it in fear of upsetting whites and their feelings.

Juneteenth means more to me than it does most of the people of my race because I know the historical background of it.

My ancestors were the first victims of police brutality. I have been harrassed by police officers who have told me "They love getting Nggers like me." I have been arrested falsely several times and police have physically attacked me. There have been time where they have attempted to beat me to the ground. I stood my ground and never resisted. I always took my beating like a strong Black man while I watch others cry about police officers that talk to them the wrong way. I am not better, I am stronger. They fear that attribute about me. They will not get me to lose my self control and it frustrates them utill they have to be violent and create fake charges of crimes.

Slave Patrols
Image result for slave patrols

Post slavery, white southerners felt an even greater need to police Blacks for fear of losing authority. Several of these slave patrols transformed into Southern police departments who enforced laws such as Jim Crow. Others became the basis for racist terrorist organizations such as the Ku Klux Klan. The Klan aimed to reduce Black access to the political system by intimidating Black voters and politicians with violent tactics such as hunting, whipping, beating, and lynching. Essentially, policing was present to enforce order among Blacks and ultimately protect the interest of whites.

My Ancestors were not allowed to read.

Education

When I attended the University of Arkansas at Fort Smith (UAFS), My college advisers told me "Law is not a degree blacks attain in this college, focus on business" Being the first  black male to get a law degree from UAFS is a door I opened that is seldom recognized by my community or the college itself because it was not supposed to happened.

Anti education laws of Blacks
Image result for Illegal to Teach Slaves to Read and Write". Harper's Weekly. June 21, 1862.
1819, Missouri: Prohibited assembling or teaching slaves to read or write
1829, Georgia: Prohibited teaching blacks to read, punished by fine and imprisonment
1832, Alabama and Virginia: Prohibited whites from teaching blacks to read or write, punished by fines and floggings
1833, Georgia: Prohibited blacks from working in reading or writing jobs (via an employment law), and prohibited teaching blacks, punished by fines and whippings (via an anti-literacy law)
1847, Missouri: Prohibited teaching blacks to read or write
1900s Virginia law specified: "Every assemblage of negroes for the purpose of instruction in reading or writing, or in the night time for any purpose, shall be an unlawful assembly. Any justice may issue his warrant to any office or other person, requiring him to enter any place where such assemblage may be, and seize any negro therein; and he, or any other justice, may order such negro to be punished with stripes."
North Carolina, black people who disobeyed the law were sentenced to whipping while whites received a fine and/or jail time.

I am a vocal Black man while my voice is called constantly a problem. I am considered a Black militant and threat to the peace of the people. I speak my mind and I know the tactics used against me are of the Black Codes my ancestors experienced. I am a Black person in Arkansas, we were supposed to be ran out of the state and to never come back. My voice will always be a problem and I am proud of it.

Arkansas Black Codes

Be it ordained, That on and after the ratification of the constitution, no person, save under authority of the military arm of the federal government, shall be permitted to bring within the limits of this State any indentured or freed negro or mulatto; nor shall any negro or mulatto now in the State be ever permitted to reside within its limits, save by authority of the Government of the United States, or under some proclamation of the President SECTION 1. Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Arkansas, That all persons hitherto known in law in this state, as slaves or as free persons of color, shall have the right to make and enforce contracts, to sue and be sued, to be affiants, give evidence, to inherit, purchase, lease, sell, hold, convey and assign real and personal property, to make wills and testaments, and to have full and equal benefit of the rights of personal security, personal liberty and private property, and of all remedies and proceedings for the enforcement and protection of the same, that white persons now have, and shall not be subjected to any other or different punishment, pain or penalty, for the commission of any act or offence, than such as are prescribed for white persons committing like acts or offences ; and all laws and statues of this state shall be applicable to all persons within its limits, without distinction of race or color, except as hereinafter provided. SEC. 2. Be it further enacted, That all acts and parts of acts, specially relating to negroes or mulattoes, contrary to these provisions be, and the same are hereby repealed ; Provided, That nothing herein contained, shall be construed to repeal or modify any statute, common law or usage of this state, respecting marriage of white persons with negroes or mulattoes, voting at elections, service on juries or militia duties. SEC. 3. Be it further enacted, That all negroes and mulattoes who are now cohabiting as husband and wife, and recognizing each other as such, shall be deemed lawfully married from the passage of this act, and shall be subject to all the obligations, and entitled to all the rights appertaining to the marriage relation ; and in all cases, where such persons now are, or have heretofore been so cohabiting, as husband and wife, and may have offspring recognized by them as their own, such offspring shall be deemed in all respects legitimate, as fully as if born in lawful wedlock… SEC. 4. …Provided, That the clerks of each county shall keep a separate book for the record of marriages of negroes and mulattoes. SEC. 5. Be it further enacted, That no negro or mulatto shall be admitted to attend any public school in this state, except such schools as may be established exclusively for colored persons. SEC. 6. Be it further enacted, That this act take effect and be in force form and after its passage. APPROVED, February 6, 1867

You see I am not supposed to be Black, educated, and free in Arkansas. My freedom is one that i earned through being shot at by the Klu Klux Klan, attacked by Confederates, and the city government tries to mute my voice when I speak out on the injustices I face and my people endure. I am not afraid to speak my mind and stand up for what I believe. I was born a Black man with the odds against me. I refused to become addicted to drugs and other America ways to distract me from who I am.

Google gave me a platform in 2010 to express myself and speak from a state that still sees me as property and my voice must be stopped. I will not stop and now I have a worldwide audience to expose the injustices that I incur and the people are afraid to speak on. The City Hall of Fort Smith, Arkansas says I am inciting racial violence and ignores the scars on my body i received from the people they defend. My children were taken from me because I was considered a threat to society. I was considered a criminal until a judge commended me on the fight for my own freedom from the legal system of Arkansas. I now have an Associates of Paralegal Studies and Bachelors of Criminal Justice Administration. People ask me what I do with my law degrees. I tell them "I stay free" I created the Black Independent Party that reaches over 500,000 people worldwide so I am no longer alone in this world and my voice will be heard in all four corners of the world.

I appreciate all my viewers because this has been a journey to be able to create a platform all people can benefit from. I still face injustices from my own race and other races because of my refusal to bow down to things I know is wrong. I will continue to fight and Juneteenth is my new year. Another year to change my city, my state, America, and the World. Bring the ignorant to the light and the people who avoid my struggle will be continually challenged to acknowledge it.

Happy Black New Year!
President Robert L. Gilyard. 

This Week's 🔥Topics

send President Obama your best wishes for his special day. Sign the card

Katherine Archuleta: Today President Obama announced a common-sense policy change that will make our immigration system fairer and smarter.

I urge everyone to get the vaccine if you need or want it.

President Trump is SURGING in key battleground states.

Trump /Pence: Public Memo Condemning Hate!

Ted: Let's talk America over coffee with Heidi

Guy Cecil: The Latest

David Simas: we're going to share your stories with President Obama

Gary: jokers on the left and the clowns on the right