Tom: cut down on pollution and create jobs
I’ll tell you why I am.
My name is Tom Conway, Jr. and I’m working to build connections between the labor and environmental movements because it is the best way to create real, sustainable change in America. It all comes down to priorities, and our country’s first priority should be providing the opportunity for everyone to make a good living in a community in which their family can be safe and healthy.
I’m one of several Regional Program Managers for the BlueGreen Alliance working in states around the country to find common-sense solutions for America’s environmental problems that will also create economic opportunity for all Americans.
My co-workers and I focus on getting things done that will cut down on pollution and create jobs—like reducing methane leaks in natural gas distribution systems; calling for programs that make our homes and workplaces more energy efficient; helping workers get the training they need to be the new generation’s energy workforce; protecting the rights of working people to have a voice on the job; and working to ensure communities have access to clean water in their streams and their sinks. All of those things, in turn, create family-sustaining jobs for workers.
Make no mistake, the work we do isn’t easy. But, we’re doing it to ensure a better future for all of us.
Sincerely,
Tom Conway, Jr.
Regional Program Manager for Indiana and Illinois
Regional Program Manager for Indiana and Illinois
P.S. Your gift, no matter what the size, is tax-deductible and will help us build a more sustainable economy and environment for generations to come. Please, take the pledge today to donate on December 2. Or, mail your donation to BlueGreen Alliance Foundation, 1300 Godward St. NE Suite 2625, Minneapolis, MN 55413.