Jeff: a coalition of progressive allies to support debt-free college.

 
 
Robert,
 
I don't need to remind you that 2014 was a tough year for Democrats. When I ran for re-election I was up against millions of dollars in outside conservative spending.
 
But I won that race because of the grassroots support of people like you. You fought for me -- and now, we are fighting together for the issues that matter most.
 
I'm joining a coalition of progressive allies to support debt-free college.
 
 
I believe that if you are a student in America, you should be able to attend a public college or university and graduate without debt.
 
In my home state, the average student with debt graduates owing more than $25,500.
 
Most of us can agree that no one should have to go $25,500 in debt to get an education. That debt burden isn't just bad for the students who have to carry it. With that kind of millstone around their necks, graduates are buying fewer houses, or cars. They aren't able to take chances starting new businesses -- and that's bad for the economy.
 
When we invested in education through the GI Bill, our economy received at least $5 for every $1 spent.
 
We invested in students, and they invested in America. Let's do it again.
 
 
If we stand together, my colleagues on Capitol Hill will notice. Our voices are stronger together.
 
Thanks for being a bold progressive.
 
Jeff
 
 

Popular posts from this blog

John Kerry: Future generations are counting on us

Andrew: Big Pharma is getting rich by spreading a plague

Sara El-Amine Apply now to be one of our fall fellows