Sherrod Brown: Thank You

Dear Robert L.,

After a campaign like that -- after a night like last night -- I have only two words: Thank you.

Okay, I could say a lot more. I could tell you how proud I am that we stuck together and overcame $40 million in special interest spending. I could tell you how excited I am about the chance we now have to keep our country moving forward. Or I could tell you how honored Connie and I have been to make so many new friends -- and work with so many old ones -- during this long campaign.

But when I think about all the hard work you did to make this victory possible, I’m just overcome with gratitude.

I hope you take a moment today to celebrate this victory and the President's re-election -- but I also hope you’ll be ready to get back to work soon. We have much to do, and more powerful opponents standing between us and the America we want to build. The kind of grassroots effort that won this election is exactly what we’ll need to make real change in Washington.

That’s for tomorrow, though. For today, I’ll just say those two words one more time: Thank you.

I’ll be in touch soon.



Sherrod

Popular posts from this blog

John Kerry: Future generations are counting on us

Andrew: Big Pharma is getting rich by spreading a plague

Sara El-Amine Apply now to be one of our fall fellows