Sherrod Brown: Thank You

Dear Robert L.,

After a campaign like that -- after a night like last night -- I have only two words: Thank you.

Okay, I could say a lot more. I could tell you how proud I am that we stuck together and overcame $40 million in special interest spending. I could tell you how excited I am about the chance we now have to keep our country moving forward. Or I could tell you how honored Connie and I have been to make so many new friends -- and work with so many old ones -- during this long campaign.

But when I think about all the hard work you did to make this victory possible, I’m just overcome with gratitude.

I hope you take a moment today to celebrate this victory and the President's re-election -- but I also hope you’ll be ready to get back to work soon. We have much to do, and more powerful opponents standing between us and the America we want to build. The kind of grassroots effort that won this election is exactly what we’ll need to make real change in Washington.

That’s for tomorrow, though. For today, I’ll just say those two words one more time: Thank you.

I’ll be in touch soon.



Sherrod

Trending Political Issues.

Violence against women is one of the most demonic forces on earth

Imagine – Labor Day in the United States with no labor law

Elizabeth: three of the closest tossup Senate races

Adam: didn't have email in 1991

Jason: our absurdly weak gun laws

Tom: cut down on pollution and create jobs

Andrew: Join the G Movement to Save Florida

Now the NRA is trying to make an example out of Angela

Ed: The American People's Petition for No War with Iran! Sign it and share it

Bernie: the American people cannot afford to wait for transformational change.