Kirsten: Congratulate Alma

Robert,
Last night, Alma Adams was sworn in as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, becoming the 100th woman to serve in our current Congress.
This important milestone was nearly a hundred years in the making, dating back to 1917. While we mark this occasion, let us also make clear: We won’t wait another century to get the equal representation women deserve.
We can – and should – recognize this moment without getting complacent over our future. We should fight for more swearings-in, more celebrations, and more women in office.
But first, I hope you’ll join with EMILY’s List and me to honor this great woman. Congratulate Alma, who spent 20 years serving in her state’s legislature, on the occasion of her swearing-in.
Congratulate Alma Adams and welcome her to Congress! Sign the card.
Even as we reach 100 women in Congress, our representation is still less than 20 percent – far less than our share of the overall population.
We can never let up, and I know you won’t. 
Thank you for helping Alma and other women be champions for us all.
We couldn’t do it without you.
Kirsten

Trending Political Issues.

I have a few updates for you

Are Democrats trying to stop Republicans or the Squad?

IJ scores a restraining order against an $85 million government cash grab

let’s solve the child care crisis

join me in supporting Attorney General Mark Herring

The Empowering Law Enforcement Act

Laura is fighting for all Kansans

Nancy: I am absolutely speechless

Supporting Surfside